Welcome back to my Santa Barbara Summer Series City Guide: Part 2! If you haven’t yet read Part 1 (yesterday’s blog post HERE) I highly suggest it! I’m super excited to bring you along to share some of my favorite spots + locations all summer long where I’ll be playing tour guide! In my Santa Barbara Summer Series: City Guide, I’ll be sharing different things to do, see, and my go-to places to eat/drink. If you’re planning a trip to Santa Barbara, will be in the future, or know someone who is, be sure to refer back to these posts at the tab on the top of the screen, titled SANTA BARBARA!
Yesterday I covered everything you and your friends and family of all ages can do in Santa Barbara along the ocean, which in my opinion is Santa Barbara’s biggest asset. Today I’ll be covering all the activities you can do in Santa Barbara that are a bit inland (meaning a 5 minute walk, or couple minute drive). We are pretty fortunate here to be nestled between the mountains and ocean, so everything is relatively close!
Let’s continue our tour…
BAG: Duluth Pack // DRESS: Shein c/o ($16) // SHOES: Jessica Simpson c/o // HAT: Brixton // EARRINGS: Gorjana // BRACELETS: J. Crew Factory, J. Crew Factory // RINGS: Everly (use discount code TOREYSTREASURES) c/o
Santa Barbara Farmer’s Market: A relaxing, colorful, taste tempting, and charming activity. Local and organic vendors bring their rich and abundant fruits, vegetables, nuts, flowers, home-cooked pies and breads. Street performers and local artists also create a friendly and festive environment.
- This is held on multiple weeknights and every Saturday morning downtown.
- I bought some sunflowers that have lasted over a week in full bloom, stunning! After taste-testing a lot my mom decided to buy fresh strawberries and nectarines (that tasted like candy), and the most delicious bread. My Duluth Pack Deluxe Market Tote was the perfect carry-all, sturdy bag to store our goodies while we meandered through the booths peeking at every single one.
SKIRT: Free People // TANK: Madewell ($22) // SWEATER: Free People // SUNGLASSES: Karen Walker // SHOES: Steve Madden (on sale for $34) // TOTE: Tory Burch // NECKLACE: Tiffany & Co. (similar dupe here)
Paseo Nuevo: If you’re a shopper (like me), this was made for you! Santa Barbara’s premier shopping area, located in the heart of downtown, right off State Street (the main street with even more shopping).
- An outdoor-only shopping experience, with endless paseos, courts, and terraces.
- See those gorgeous tile steps? Yes, they’re everywhere in Paseo Nuevo, along with gorgeous greenery + ivy, and my favorite bistro lights lining the patios for sunset shopping.
State Street: Shop till you drop right?! Well, State Street is for you! Running a few miles long, essentially from the mountains down to the ocean, it is a very pedestrian friendly downtown.
- From local boutique shops to well-known national brands, State Street is fro everyone!
- Whether you’re a series shopper (guilty ;), or just strolling (there’s some GOOD people watching), State Street is a must see.
- There’s some great restaurants on this street, which will be covered in an upcoming Santa Barbara Summer Series City Guide
Hiking Trails: The Santa Barbara foothills/mountains have A LOT to offer. The views are INSANE at the top, where you can view the entire city along with the ocean, and the Channel Islands beyond! Well worth the sweat 😉
- My favorite Santa Barbara hikes are: Inspiration Point, Cold Spring Trail, San Ysidro Trail, Rattlesnake Canyon, and Seven Falls.
- A must on my list if you visit Santa Barbara!
That’s all for now! We will continue our Santa Barbara Summer Series City Guide next time with “What To See”!! I love taking you on a tour of my town and would love to hear what you guys think of these posts and hope you’ll stay tuned for the rest of the series! 🙂